Cracow University of Technology (PK) is a public university with almost 80 years of tradition (founded in 1945). Tadeusz Kościuszko has been our patron for over 30 years. He was a national hero of both Poland and the United States of America, but he was also an engineer and a builder, responsible for the fortifications in Cracow and the West Point fort in the United States. His name is a reminder of our responsibility to respect tradition, the accomplishments of our academic ancestors, reliability in giving access and promoting knowledge and openness towards new ideas.
The biggest advantages of Cracow University of Technology (CUT) are: almost 80-year-old tradition of educating engineers, modernity and openness to change as well as hard work on the improvement of the Polish scientific and technical thought. Thanks to them CUT won a strong position and well established brand.
We give our students the most durable capital in the labour market – knowledge!
Cracow University of Technology comprises 8 faculties with 32 majors of study accredited by the Polish Accreditation Committee. Also the majors taught by the Faculty of Civil Engineering and the Faculty of Architecture are accredited by the European Network for Accreditation of Engineering Education. Moreover the major in Architecture is accredited by the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) and the major in Landscape Architecture earned the accreditation of the International Federation of Landscape Architects (IFLA) Europe. Cracow University of Technology was awarded the Logo Human Resources Excellence in Research by the European Commission.
Currently nearly 13,000 students taking full-time, part-time and Ph.D. studies as well as post-graduate studies with nearly 1,100 academic teachers overseeing their education. Total number of alumni that graduated from PK exceed 80 000. Our alumni find jobs at public and private companies, national and international enterprises, government administration, and also at universities and research institutes. We are committed to ensure that all the PK graduates represent a high level of expertise as well as the highest ethical standards so that they can choose from many interesting job offers.
Cooperation with many universities and scientific centres all over the world enables joint publications and research, exchange of students and academic teachers, as well as the possibility of obtaining additional certificates and double diplomas. Cooperation with industry is also well-developed, and a Technology Transfer Centre is active in the university. A Special Economic Zone – the Cracow Technological Park – was created in 1997 as a reply for a call from the university. It has since become a platform linking the Cracovian scientific world with modern technologies.
Currently Cracow University of Technology is present in the following international rankings:
- 2022 THE World University Rankings (#1201+)
- 2022 THE World University Rankings by subject:
- Computer Science (#501–600)
- Engineering (#801–1000)
- QS World University Rankings:
- 2022 QS World University Ranking (#801-1000)
- 2022 Emerging Europe and Central Asia University Rankings (#73)
- 2022 US News Best Global Universities Rankings by subject:
- Engineering (#689)
- Materials Science (#734)
- 2022 CWTS Leiden Ranking by indicator:
- Scientific impact (#1194)
- Shanghai Ranking’s Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2019 and 2020 – Mechanical Engineering (#301 – 400)
- 2020 EngiRank – European Ranking of Engineering Programs by subject – Civil Engineering (#5)
- 2022 The Three University Missions Ranking (#1101 – 1200)
- 2021 Webometrics Ranking of World Universities (#1314)
- 2021-22 Global 2000 List by the Center for World University Rankings (#1865)
- 2021 UI GreenMetric World University Ranking (#729)